Flavor combination of vanilla and oranges in this Dreamsicle Cookie Mix.
- 1/2 cup instant orange breakfast drink powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups vanilla chips
- 1-3/4 cups flour mixed with 1/2 teaspoon baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Layer ingredients in jar in order given. Press each layer firmly in place before adding next ingredient.
Attach this recipe to the jar:
Add 3/4 cup softened butter, 1 egg slightly beaten and 1 teaspoon vanilla; mix until completely blended. If dough is too dry, stir in just enough milk or water to make of cookie dough texture. Roll heaping tablespoonfuls into balls. Place 2 inches apart on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 375º for 12 to 14 minutes or until tops are very lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 8 quart box nonfat dry milk
1 6 ounce jar coffee creamer
1 16 ounce dry chocolate milk mix
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
Mix all items until well blended. Store in airtight container. To serve add 1/4 cup mix to 2/3 cup hot water. Make 3 quarts. You can also create a gift basket with mini marshmallows, a nice mug, a chocolate coated spoon, and a few peppermint sticks. Place all in a nice wicker basket and wrap with colored cellophane tied with a bow. Any chocolate fan would love this!
6 ounces semisweet chocolate pieces
4 ounces milk chocolate pieces (or white, mint, etc. chocolate)
flavorings of your choice
(extracts, such as rum, almond, mint, etc, or spices such as cinnamon)
20 plastic spoons
1. Place a piece of waxed paper on a cookie sheet large enough to hold 20 to 24 of your plastic spoons. Place semisweet chocolate pieces in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until the chocolate begins to melt.
2. Immediately remove from heat; stir until smooth. Dip spoons into chocolate, tapping the handle of the spoon against the side of the pan to remove excess chocolate. Place spoons on waxed paper; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.
3. Place milk chocolate (or chocolate of your choice) in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until chocolate begins to melt.
4. Immediately remove from heat; stir until smooth. Place the melted chocolate in a small, heavy self-sealing bag. Using scissors, make a small cut in the corner of the bag; drizzle on or both sides of the covered spoons, making a decorative pattern. (Small dots, zigzag lines, circles, etc.) Note: The above 2 steps can be reversed if you like! Get 6 ozs. of white chocolate to cover the spoons and 4 ozs. of chocolate of your choice to use to decorate the spoons. Also, don’t rule out various flavored chips- raspberry, butterscotch, etc.
5. Refrigerate spoons for 30 minutes to allow chocolate to set. Wrap each spoon separately in clear or colored plastic wrap. Use ribbon to tie off plastic wrap. Store in a cool dry place until ready to give as gifts.
6. Place chocolate covered spoons in a new coffee mug and give along with other homemade goodies.
Potato Soup Mix
1-3/4 cups instant mashed potatoes
1-1/2 cups dry milk
2 Tablespoons instant chicken bullion
2 teaspoons dried minced onion
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/8 teaspoon turmeric
1-1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix. Place in 1 quart canning jars to store.
Makes 6 servings.
Instructions to attach to jar:
To serve: place 1/2 cup mix in soup
bowl and add 1 cup boiling water. Stir until smooth.
n the following recipe use only 1 quart wide mouth canning jars. Also, use only butter or margarine DO NOT USE DIET MARGARINE it will not work in the recipe.
M&M COOKIE MIX IN A JAR
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups M&M(TM) candies (Use the holiday colored M&M's)
2 cups flour mixed with 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Layer ingredients in order given in a 1 quart wide mouth canning jar. It will be a tight fit, make sure you firmly pack down each layer in place before adding the flour mixture.
Attach these instructions to the jar:
1. Empty cookie mix into large mixing bowl. Use your hands to thoroughly blend mix.
1 stick margarine or butter or margarine, softened (not diet margarine)
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
3. Mix until completely blended. You will need to finish mixing with your hands.
4. Shape into walnut-sized balls. Place 2" apart on a parchment lined or lightly greased cookie sheet.
5. Bake at 375 degrees F for 12 to 14 minutes until edges are slightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet for about 5 minutes then remove to wire racks to finish cooling.
Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies.
Beer Bread Mix In A Jar Or Beer Bottle Recipe
1 1/2 cups all purpose unbleached flour
2/3 cup yellow corn meal
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoon brown sugar
2/3 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
4 teaspoon dried minced onion
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dill weed
(approximately 3 cups for a 32 ounce container)
parmesan, red pepper, onion - combined
flour combined with baking powder, baking soda, salt
Place contents of jar in a medium mixing bowl. Stir in 12 ounces of beer, just until combined. Pour into a greased 8x4x2" loaf pan and brush batter with 1/4 cup of melted butter. Bake at 375°F for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cover with foil during last 10 minutes to prevent over browning. Cool in pan 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. Cool completely or serve warm